The AREDS2 results were published May 5, 2013 by the National Eye Institute. VisiVite offers four different AREDS2 formulas below. Our best-selling AREDS2 Formula is VisiVite AREDS2 Plus+ Formula. The publication of these results can be found here:
- A modified AREDS Formula with both Lutein and Zeaxanthin, but without beta-carotene, was 18% more effective than AREDS1.
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin absorption was improved when beta-carotene was removed from the formula.
- Beta carotene was again proven to increase lung cancer in former smokers.
- No significant decrease in benefit was found with 25 mg daily Zinc versus 80 mg.
- Omega 3s were NOT found to be beneficial in Grade 3 and 4 macular degeneration patients.
Men are especially advised to take a supplement such as VisiVite AREDS2 Plus+ Formula that contains selenium 200 mcg, because the Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial showed a reduced risk of developing prostate cancer when taking 400 IU of daily Vitamin E:
VisiVite AREDS2 Plus+ Formula contains high levels of both Lutein and Zeaxanthin, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc and Copper, just as recommended by this latest research. Compared with AREDS2, VisiVite AREDS2 Plus+ Formula contains 50% more Lutein and 138% more Zeaxanthin.
To read more about VisiVite AREDS2 Plus+ Formula, visit this page:
If you have any questions, email us at help @ visivite.com, or call our Customer Service team at 1-800-427-7660, Ext 2.