VisiVite's Gentle Zinc AREDS 2 eye vitamin for macular health is made with premium natural ingredients and veggie capsules.
VisiVite® AREDS 2 Select is a naturally-sourced, vegetarian, gentle-zinc AREDS 2 eye vitamin for macular health, which includes:
- 10 mg Natural FloraGLO® Lutein from marigolds
- 2 mg Natural OmniXan® Zeaxanthin from paprika
- Natural Vitamin E from plant oil
- Vcaps® Plus vegetarian capsules
- No Sugars, GMO, soy, or gluten
- No Artificial colors, flavors or synthetic fillers
The National Eye Institute's publication of the AREDS 2 results in May 2013 demonstrated the effectiveness of targeted high-dose nutritional supplementation in the slowing of age-related macular changes.
Specifically, the AREDS 2 research showed that:
- The carotenoids Lutein and Zeaxanthin were 18% more effective than the original AREDS formula which contained beta-carotene.
- The AREDS2 preferred zinc salt, zinc oxide, continued to be an important ingredient in the overall formula's success.
- AREDS2 found NO SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE between lower-dose zinc and high dose zinc in the formula's success.
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin absorption were improved when beta-carotene was removed.
VisiVite AREDS 2 Select Formula contains levels of Lutein and Zeaxanthin, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc and Copper, just as recommended by this latest research.
VisiVite AREDS 2 Select Formula Ingredients Per 2 veg caps:
|Lutein (FloraGLO Brand)||10 mg|
|Zeaxanthin (Omnixan Brand)||2 mg (2,000 mcg)|
|Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)||500 mg|
|Natural Vitamin E||400 IU (268 mg)|
|Zinc oxide||40 mg|
|Cupric oxide||1 mg|
Directions: Take two veg caps all at once or one veg cap twice daily with food.
|These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.|
VisiVite Eye Vitamin Formulas are based on proven research in the most respected medical publications, including the National Eye Institute's Age-Related Eye Disease Study (AREDS) Age-Related Eye Disease Study 2 (AREDS2), the Lutein Antioxidant Supplement Trial (LAST) and others.
VisiVite eye vitamins source FloraGLO brand lutein, OmniXan brand zeaxanthin and Natural Vitamin E from plant oils, which are then assembled in a climate-controlled GMP-certified facility. Independent third party laboratories analyze the finished products for potency and purity.
VisiVite was founded by Dr. Paul Krawitz, a world-famous eye doctor who originated multiple trademarks and patents for innovative eye supplements. Dr. Krawitz spent over 20 years carefully researching and creating the original formulas for the 18 eye vitamin products listed below that have been the foundation for excellence in vision support.
Today, VisiVite continues the strong pedigree it was built on by selecting premium, refined, natural ingredients for nutritional potency and easy absorption for maximum eye and body cellular health, while avoiding common synthetic fillers and artificial colors.
The original formulas for the following products were specially developed by Dr. Krawitz:
- VisiVite AREDS2 PLUS+ Gold Formula
- VisiVite AREDS2 Select Formula
- VisiVite AREDS2 Zinc-Free White Formula
- VisiVite AREDS2 E-Free Blue Formula
- VisiVite AREDS2 Chewable Tablets
- VisiVite Lutein+ Plus Formula
- VisiVite Super Lutein 444 Formula
- VisiVite Balanced Ocular Support
- VisiVite NightSight Formula
- VisiVite Blue Light Basher
- VisiVite Dry Eye Relief TG-1000
- VisiVite Quench
- VisiVite Co-Defense Multivitamins
- Provision Professional AREDS2 Macular Health Formula
- Dr. Krawitz Macular Support
- Dr. Krawitz Vision Performance
- Dr. Krawitz Dry Eye Support
More on Doctor Krawitz
Doctor Krawitz is the original founder of Visivite Eye Vitamins and served as President and C.E.O. of Vitamin Science, Inc. from 2001-2022.
Dr. Krawitz trained in Internal Medicine at Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital, New York. He completed his Ophthalmology training at Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, and later was selected as Chief Resident of that program.
He completed an additional year of specialized fellowship training in Glaucoma at Mount Sinai under the direction of Steven Podos, a recognized world leader in that field.
Dr. Krawitz has served in academia as an Assistant Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology in Manhattan. He has also frequently lectured at professional ophthalmic meetings regarding his highly successful surgical techniques for cataracts, glaucoma and specialty intraocular lenses.
While he was in his position as President and C.E.O. of Vitamin Science, Inc., Dr. Krawitz originated several patents and trademarks for nutritional supplements that support eye health.
Since 1993, he has become one of Long Island's most highly sought and professionally recognized eye surgeons, most notably while as a physician partner of OCLI - performing over 1000 ophthalmic procedures annually. These procedures include no-stitch cataract surgery, the most modern therapies for glaucoma, laser refractive surgery, and laser treatment of both macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
Additional affiliations have included serving as a Diplomate of The American Board of Ophthalmology, Fellow of The American Academy of Ophthalmology, and being a member of the Long Island Ophthalmologic Society, The Suffolk Academy of Medicine, and the American Medical Association.