Dry Eye Nutritional Control Reduces the Symptoms of Eye Floaters
Inside the eye is the thick vitreous gel. As we get older, the gel contracts which causes the protein inside to form clumps that cast shadows against the retina. Patients often describe floaters as seeing bugs, strings, or unusual dark shapes in their vision.
Two important facts...
- People don't usually see their eye floaters all day long, but only in specific circumstances.
- Floaters are usually best seen against homogenous, light-colored backgrounds, such as a pale wall or sky.
...Why is that?
- Floaters are best seen against a pale wall or sky because the pale background removes details that would otherwise visually compete with the floaters.
- The light colored background creates heightened contrast for the dark shadows created by the floaters.
But the most important reason is because of a concept known as VISUAL DEFOCUS
, which means that for floaters to be seen, the eyes have to focus on a point, in the air, that lies in front of an object in the distance. The ideal distance objects are pale blue skies and lightly colored walls. But it has very little to do with the color of the background.
For example, it is difficult to "focus" on the sky. Unless there are clouds with lots of contrast (in which case floaters are difficult to see), the person is actually focused on a point in the air that is closer. Rather than the image of the sky or wall being focused on the retina, it instead lies in front of the retina, where it is not seen clearly.
This DEFOCUS of a background image is dramatically worsened by the irregularity of a deficient layer of tearsthat rests on the cornea. In fact, when people blink, coating the cornea surface with a fresh layer of tears, the floaters temporarily disappear!
Thus, a HEALTHY TEAR FILM minimizes the effects of DEFOCUS,
reducing the symptoms of floaters!
What is the TEAR FILM, and how can you improve it?
Artificial tear drops don't work for more than a minute or two. This is because they are made from salt water and rapidly blinked away. But the moisture that coats the surface of the eye actually consists of 3 distinct layers:
1. An INNER MUCUS LAYER
, that acts like glue by holding the tears on the eye.
2. A SALTWATER LAYER
in the middle
3. An OUTER OILY LAYER
that works like a vapor barrier by slowing how fast the water can evaporate from the eye.
Only one product on the market addresses all three tear layers. And just as importantly, the effects last for hours!
Vitamin Science Inc. has performed extensive research and scientific studies, and developed a patent pending oral nutritional supplement that improves all aspects of the tear film.
It's called Dry Eye Relief® Tear Stabilization Formula.
Here's how it works...
It's a natural product made from highly purified natural ingredients. These ingredients work together in three important ways to improve the tears that coat the eye.
- It contains healing Mucin, which acts as the "glue" that binds the tears to the surface of the cornea, coating problematic dry spots.
- It uses a proprietary blend of DHA and EPA Omega 3 essential fatty acids from deep fish oil, ALA Omega 3 essential fatty acid from Flaxseed Oil, GLA Omega 6 essential fatty acid from Borage Oil, Lactoferrin, Vitamin E mixed tocopherol oils, and the natural COX2 inhibitor Circumin. These substances reduce lacrimal gland inflammation, resulting in improved tear production and reduced tear film surface tension.
- Importantly and uniquely, it adds the polar phospholipids, Phosphatidyl ethanolamine, Phosphatidyl serine, and Sphingomyelin. These molecules strongly conjoin the three tear layers, resulting in improved Tear Film Stability.
Dry Eye Relief® Tear Stabilization Formula is the most powerful supplement available for the creation of healthy tears. It requires two easy-to-swallow high quality gelcaps twice daily. It is well tolerated without side effects.